Good things, and bad things!

I’ll start of with the bad things! Well, bad and bad, it’s not really bad... more like less good! :)


Like i told you all in my previous post, I am going to start playing the 三味線 (shamisen). I went to the “training grounds” for cultural Japanese “things” (I am in total loss of words to describe this place so I’ll just go along with what i just wrote) together with one of my Italian classmates, Luca. We sat down and talked to 3 older women and listen to them playing, after a short break with tea and cookies we also got to try to pull the strings for a while, I liked it! But the thing is, that they teach a different kind of Shamisen than the one i want to play (There are a bunch of different kinds, the one i want to play is called Tsugaru-Shamisen because of it’s larger size and harder sound) so I can’t continue to go there to take lessons with my Shamisen which i have ordered. That brings me to the “less good” part. I ordered it 2 weeks ago and it still haven’t arrived yet! The less good thing here being me not able to enjoy the last days of my summer vacation at the river making awful sounds with my first musical instrument ever! Oh well, I’ll just do it later.


The GOOD things are more fun! I’m almost in tears because i am so thankful to so many of my new friends here. Why? You might ask, I’ll tell you why! They have brought me so many gifts which they have brought back from there home countries during the summer break. It’s just so damn nice of them i want to hug them all to death! (I can’t because it’s not in there culture to hug friends :P) I took some pictures of just some of the gifts (many i have already eaten up due to short time durability) i have received during these final days of the summer break. So i hope some of guys read this so you can see one more THANK YOU SO MUCH! I really appreciate it!


ありがとうございます!대단히 감사합니다! 非常谢谢!


That’s all for today now, and the summer break. From tomorrow on, it’s school time again! I’m looking forward to it, i learn so much in school and i get to see all of my nice classmates everyday :)


Bye for now! (

PS. I’ll try to make a post about some more stuff i have been doing during my summer holiday here in Kyoto. I just realised i haven’t written about a thing.


0 comments: