Last week of school

Monday: We came to class as usual except a bit more excited than usual since it was our freaking last monday ever. No more Sunday depression! (at least for a while!) We started of by talking about our graduation trip on which we would go on the next day. The rest of the day we did nothing in particular, just kept talking about everything and nothing.

Tuesday: Met up at school at 7:45 and got on the bus which would take us to Takayama 4 hours up north, were we would do some sightseeing and later on continue to the destination of our trip, a onsen hotel up in the mountains.
When we arrived at the hotel we all went to our rooms and got about 2 hours of free time until we were all supposed to get together for dinner. Being an onsen hotel I immediately took of for some bathing. After the dinner I relaxed with some drinks and playstation 3 with my room-buddies for a while until i bathed some more and then later on went to bed after some more drinking and talking to friends.

Wednesday: Woke up at 6 in the morning to take yet another bath before I went to the breakfast buffet and stuffed my self in preparations for the long way back to Kyoto. On the way back we also stopped and did some sightseeing, a really beautiful village lying in a mountain valley. Apparently it's even a world heritage site because of the unique architecture of the village houses. We got back home around 19:00, said our thanks and parted for the day.



Thursday: Yet another day in in the classroom on which we killed time with listening to music and watching a movie.
I have no recollection of what I did the rest of the day...

Friday: We started the day of with taking big pieces of paper and wrote "good-bye messages" to each other kindergarten-style! but nonetheless very emotional. After that we took a hiking trip up the Daimonji mountain, it was a bit muddy but a very nice trip! First time i was up there so glad to have checked of my list before i go home!

After school I finally managed to send my boxes of books and stuff back to Sweden, heavy and expensive. Later on I had some Sukiyaki and watched a movie with Dan and Mai.

Saturday: The day we have all been waiting for was finally here, graduation day! We met up in the classroom, took some pictures, talked and goofed around before heading over for the graduation ceremony. The ceremony consists of "thank you speeches" the high up management of the University and school, followed by handing out the graduation certificates to the graduating students and also some special prizes for no tardiness, good grades etc. followed by some more speeches, they do love their speeches the Japanese.
After the ceremony we headed over to the dining hall where I held a small toast (as requested by the teachers) before we dug in to the already prepared food and drinks. There was a lot of talking, crying and photo taking, as expected on a graduation day. I then headed home to sleep and digest my food before later heading out for my class-party. We started of with dinner at a Yakiniku restaurant followed by a pub and many beers. In the end it was just me and one of my teachers left, we sat and talked for an hour or two before we got on the last train home and parted ways.

Sunday: Woke up at 13:00 realizing I have no more school, felt a bit depressed and happy at the same time, weird feelings. Been wanting to go home for a long time now, and when It's finally over I kinda want to stay...
Started cleaning out my room so that I'll have as much as possible prepared for the trip home, the least I want is panic the last days here. Now I'm sitting here by my laptop, looking out on my almost empty room and thinking about these last 2 years and what a great experience it has been and in what direction will my life take from now on?

Over and out.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep posting stuff like this i really like it